Re: A Router

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:30:41 +0200, Omar wrote in message
<[🔎] 200509271130.42902.alienonearth@spymac.com>:

> Hi All,
> Can one debian router handle the routing and NAT of around 100-120
> users,  who are on 6 seperate networks?  Thanks

..IMHO, yes.  My experience on this is a coupla Duron 1.2GHz boxes
running Red Hat 7.3, one as gateway router for 2 /24 nets split up into
/25 and /26'es, and the other is a bandwith throttle hung outside the
gw, it also ran ntop off the admin nic.  The reason these hasn't been
debianised yet, is they just keep running, ;o) there isn't much of a
load on any of them, but the back-up boxes are Woody.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: