Re: NFS client problem (unknown nfs mount option: nfsv3)

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 22:26, martin f krafft wrote:
> On a side note, I would suggest using nfs-user-server rather than
> nfs-kernel-server. At a very slight performance impact, you get
> twice the stability and maintenance by running the NFS server in
> user- rather than kernel-space. And you also get ACL support
> alongside.

This sounds interesting. In the package description it says:
>  and also introduces
>     some awkwardnesses in the semantics (for instance, moving a file to a
different directory will render its file handle invalid).
> There is currently no support for file locking.

Do you know, does this mean it's not possible to use nfs-user-server as an
inplace replacement? Or experiences of implications?

Thanks,

mimo