Re: Re[2]: mysql server move

Hi use rinetd to redirect the connect's to the mysl-port.
if the users using DNS-names, put them into /etc/hosts
and be sure that the /etc/nsswitch.conf usese first file and then bind or nis.

you can check this with mysql-client to the hostname/ip
and you must get the connect.
to look whats going on you can use logging from rinetd to
see what them make if you connect.

rinetd handle the complete connect after the point that rinetd makes
the connection to the remote server.

regards

michael