Re: mysql server move

Marek Podmaka wrote:
Hello,

  I want to move mysql4 server to new machine, but I have problems
  with php. I thought that using port redirector (rinetd) would be
  sufficient until all customers change their php scripts, but it
  doesn't work.

  Most people use "localhost" in call to mysql_connect() and php tries
  to connect using socket - which isn't present if mysqld is running
  on another box. I tried playing with mysql.default_host and
  default_port in php.ini, but with no effect.

  In php manual I have found that php will always try to connect using
  socket if it finds "localhost". But is there any option how to move
  database to another box flawlessly?

Change your default mysql-server in php.ini?

wim.