Re: squirrelmail and remote imap

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 04:16:24AM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>         I have a mail server with qmail + vpopmail + courier-imap installed and
> working properly.
>
> When I try to login using Squirrelmail it throws me back to the ERROR page
> with message "You must be logged in to access this page."

Look at mail.info on the mail server. What does it say?

qmail + vpopmail + courier = sounds like you're virtual hosting (users with no accounts).
In this case you log in with username@domain.tld, not with username.

> A manual telnet session from the same webserver works fine.

Exactly what works for you from a telnet session? An example would be great.

> I don't think this to be the right question but to double check, Are there
> any add-on modules required for Squirrelmail to work with remote imap
> servers?

No plugin is req'd to connect to imap servers, but there is a plugin for
mass virtual hosting (one squirrel, one mail server, many domains) called
vlogin.

I've got the exact same setup, and willing to help out...

--

VALKAI Elod