Re: squirrelmail and remote imap

Valkai Elod wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 04:16:24AM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>>         I have a mail server with qmail + vpopmail + courier-imap
>>         installed and
>> working properly.
>>
>> When I try to login using Squirrelmail it throws me back to the ERROR
>> page with message "You must be logged in to access this page."
>
> Look at mail.info on the mail server. What does it say?
>
> qmail + vpopmail + courier = sounds like you're virtual hosting (users
> with no accounts). In this case you log in with username@domain.tld, not
> with username.
>
>> A manual telnet session from the same webserver works fine.
>
> Exactly what works for you from a telnet session? An example would be
> great.
>
>> I don't think this to be the right question but to double check, Are
>> there any add-on modules required for Squirrelmail to work with remote
>> imap servers?
>
> No plugin is req'd to connect to imap servers, but there is a plugin for
> mass virtual hosting (one squirrel, one mail server, many domains) called
> vlogin.
>
> I've got the exact same setup, and willing to help out...
>
> --
>
> VALKAI Elod

I don't know what happened. That whole night I tried logging in but
couldn't. Being frustrated, I went for sleep and voila next day I logged in
and every thing started to work.

Huh! One way to say it is a miracle. There really is god.
Hmmm! But other way to say it is that the earlier night while I was logging
in, the browser was rendering the page in the cache.

Thanks.

rrs
- --
Ritesh Raj Sarraf