Re: Apache 2.x remote logging

On 2005-05-31 Fredrik Steen wrote:
> May 31 15:19:06 localhost last message repeated 3 times
> entries in syslog. Changed logger to add a unique number for each entry and
> those went away but I'm not sure if syslog will handle the flood of log
> entries sent. Maybe someone have done this with good results?

Try syslog-ng or another more sophisticated daemon which supports permanent
TCP connections and buffersize options (to reduce loss) and splitting the log
to different files according to a configurable pattern.

At least I hope that a recent syslog daemon should be the most optimized
program for receiving log files over the net (although AFAIK the standard
/usr/bin/logger program does not speak TCP).

bye,

-christian-