Re: Apache 2.x remote logging

Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> On 2005-05-31 Fredrik Steen wrote:
>> I'm in the process of building a web farm consisting of 10-20-30 something web
>> servers handling 300k of virtual hosts and have started to look at how to
>> handle logging for these hosts.
>
> Don't know if it's performant enough but you could just use a script like
> logger to do remote syslogging:
>     CustomLog "| /usr/bin/logger -p local7.info -t www.example.com" ...

Thanks, I tried that and got:
May 31 15:19:06 localhost last message repeated 3 times
entries in syslog. Changed logger to add a unique number for each entry and
those went away but I'm not sure if syslog will handle the flood of log
entries sent. Maybe someone have done this with good results?

--
 .''`. Fredrik Steen, stone@debian.org
: :' : 2CD6 C838 BE77 795F 5EF1  3E5B DA91 EE7B A58E 164