Re: Firmware list

On 5/24/05, Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> 1. install kernel-package and all other kernel build tools
> 2. download original kernel source from kernel.org
> 3. make config     to configure your kernel
> 4. make-kpkg ...   to build your own kernel-image .deb

I usually build my own kernels using the kernel build system, I have
never tried generating debian kernel images. How well does these self
made kernel debs do if I want to redistribute them to other servers ?
(I got about 12 IBM 335/336 servers, with slightly different hardware
so I want to minimize the amount of kernel images I have to build).

I am guessing that if I use the debian kernel conf as a base and just
build the vanilla source myself then it will boot just fine on all of
my machines.

Regards.

Lars Roland