Re: IP forwarding?

Jason Lim wrote:
<snip>
So basically:
VISITOR --> 1.2.3.1 --> 5.6.7.1 --> SERVER

It doesn't matter if the SERVER is configured with 1.2.3.1 or 5.6.7.1 as
it's IP. But the visitor should only know about 1.2.3.1.

Essentially, this is what you would do if you were moving datacenters or
something, as a temporary solution.

Hope someone can help! I tried looking at IP MASQURADING but that doesn't
seem to be the right thing ,and IP FORWARDING doesn't seem right either. Am
I missing a solution?

Depending on your network setup, it might be easier to do this with NAT on your router. I recall Cisco's NAT docs giving the exact example of an IP address migration (IIRC, theirs suggested the example of one company being acquired, and needing to change IPs).

--Rich