Re: Courier or Cyrus

--On Wednesday, March 30, 2005 14:04 -0500 "Michael F. Sprague" <mfs@sanellc.net> wrote:

I am running a Cyrus server currently with several hundred users and it's
been working fine for the past year or so.  After reading this thread I
started playing with courier to get a better feel between the two.  I
find the folder separator in courier, the '.', sort of annoying; at least
from a personal point of view.

It seems to work okay in a basic IMAP client, the it also seems to cause
issues with a text reader like mutt.  Because the dot is the folder
separator character, can one have a folder name that contains a dot?  If
not, that seems a big issue for courier.  I mean, wouldn't the average
customer have an issue with that?

I'm sorry if this is off-topic here, but I figured if this an issue for
courier, someone on the ISP list would have a good opinion on what the
average user says.

When you setup use unixhierarchysep yes -- this causes it to use / instead of . when talking to clients.