Re: Courier or Cyrus

I am running a Cyrus server currently with several hundred users and it's
been working fine for the past year or so.  After reading this thread I
started playing with courier to get a better feel between the two.  I find the
folder separator in courier, the '.', sort of annoying; at least from a
personal point of view.

It seems to work okay in a basic IMAP client, the it also seems to cause
issues with a text reader like mutt.  Because the dot is the folder separator
character, can one have a folder name that contains a dot?  If not, that
seems a big issue for courier.  I mean, wouldn't the average customer have
an issue with that?

I'm sorry if this is off-topic here, but I figured if this an issue for
courier, someone on the ISP list would have a good opinion on what the
average user says.

Thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague  | mfs@sanellc.net
System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc