Re: per-person SMTP client

martin f krafft said on Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:59:45PM +0100:
> also sprach Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> [2005.01.26.1249 +0100]:
> > btw, if you are root on the client machines, doesnt that make
> > installation of cerificates a) easy and b) easily automated?
>
> See above. Yes, if the machines are reachable. No in all practical
> configurations.

It sounds like you're set up for a serious failure if you are expected to admin
machines that you can't access...

If you don't want to setup a full CA (and I agree, openssl isn't the whole
thing), have you considered cacert.org?  They issue free certs from their CA,
and assuming you're willing to trust them (which I would for relaying
purposes), they seem to handle the gnarly bits.