Re: [OT] Backup on DLT (recommandation)

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 17:46 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Because my old DAT is not more enough, I consider to buy a DLT with
> 80-160 GByte. Because I have no experience with it, I like to here
> some suggestions. My only problem is that my purse is very limited
> to <=700 Euro.

DLT is a quite expensive way to backup, especially considering the price
of the tapes (50-100 euros). Depending on how many backups and how much
data you want to keep around it might be interesting to look at other
solutions
(External harddrives, dvd, maybe blue-ray next year). Since harddrives
run at about 100 euro's for 200 GB it's quite hard to beat those prices.

> Are the DLT only SCSI or do they exist in PATA and SATA too ?

So far I've only seen SCSI versions, I'd think SATA is still quite far
off for DLT (as there aren't even many cd/dvd drives on sata yet)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant