[OT] Debian package differences from upstream

[ Is debian-mentors the proper list for this type of packaging question? ]

On my Woody box, courier-mta logs pop transactions with the tag
"courierpop3login:".  The logs of other courier users (freebsd, gentoo for
example) have the string "pop3d:"

It has been suggested that this is a change the Debian packager made.

How can I verify this?

I've done apt-get source and poked around a bit but could not tell where
the Debian patches made to upstream live.

Regards,

Mark