Re: Apache 1.3 mass virtual hosting recipe

On September 22, 2004 03:04 am, Johann Botha wrote:

> running a script from mod_rewrite was not reliable, sometimes it just did
> not work... restart apache and it worked again. maybe it was just the
> version I used.

Hmm, I don't like the sounds of that.  Hopefully it was just the version you
used.  Or a problem with the script talking to LDAP, since my script (at
least for now) is self-contained I hope I don't run into issues.  If my
solution proves problematic I will report back.

> 2) I wanted to enable / disable things like PHPengine for the virtual
>    host based on LDAP settings.

You could do it in the script, if file extension is .php then rewrite the
request to a "cannot execute" message.  Alternatively (what I had planned to
do) is just disable the engine in directories where I don't want it (that
would be using config files), something like this is supposed to work:

    <Directory /var/www/net/wehave>
        php_admin_flag engine off
    </Directory>

--