Re: max requests a celeron web server can handle

On Monday 19 July 2004 19.22, Shannon R. wrote:
> I've been googling around for recorded info on how many static files
> per second a [...] Apache web server can serve before it starts
> getting slow.

Hi,

In my experience, unless you have a *very* fast network connection,
apache should be able to easily saturate your network connection if
it's really just static files. Of course, network latency could be a
problem so you'll probably want to allow a *lot* apache processes -
with 1 G RAM this shouldn't be a problem.

(And if it's really just static files, perhaps you may want to change to
one of the simpler, faster web servers if you're really worried about
performance.)

greetings
-- vbi

--
Available for key signing in Zürich and Basel, Switzerland
                    (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)