Re: Streaming Video Server

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:02:46AM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:

> Or you might want to try out the Helix Server (from Real Networks) - which is
> afaik not really "free" either. Have a look at:
> http://www.helixcommunity.org/
> Haven't yet played with it. But I heared the developer-tools they offer allow
> easy configuration and compilation. The server allows you to do streaming of
> RealAudio/-Video if needed.
>
> I'd appreciate to hear from you about your test-results on streaming-video-
> servers (private mail) - or maybe others here are interested as well.

I work for a streaming media provider and we run the following
streaming servers on debian woody :

Helix Streaming Server
Real Server 8 (will only run on 2.2.x kernels)
Darwin Streaming Server 4

They all work on debian without any problems.

Beside that we run windows media services 4.1 and windows media
services 9 (windows 2003) ugh!

--
Venlig Hilsen/Kind Regards
Thomas Kirk

Mejlgade 27-29, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Havnegade 39, DK-1058 København K

Telephone Direct: +45 8620 4264
Telephone Office: +45 7023 3456
Telephone Mobile: +45 2612 3237

Office FAX: +45 8620 4270
WWW: http://www.arkena.com
--

"What do we need a psychiatrist for? We know our kid is nuts." --
Homer Simpson