Re: Streaming Video Server

--Thursday, July 08, 2004 21:00:09 -0500 Rod Rodolico
<stargazer@rodolico.org>:
> I just talked myself into a corner. A client called and asked if we
> can do a streaming video server and I said "Yes, of course."
[...]

Depends on what you/your customer wnats exactly.
Maybe check out Apple's Darwin Streaming Server:
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
"can both serve on-disk QuickTime, MPEG-4, and 3GPP files
and reflect live broadcasts". Apple claims it runs under
Red Hat, so it probably will compile under Debain as well.

It's "free" although incompatible with the GPL. See
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/apsl.html

Cheers, Marcel