Re: apache uses 100 % cpu

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:14, Timo Veith <timo.veith@gmx.de> wrote:
> today I noticed that 2 apache procs are using all cpu. ps shows them like

One thing I have done in the past to deal with such problems is to put
"ulimit -t 600" in the start script for apache.  Then when apache processes
got into infinite loops they would only do so for a maximum of 10 mins.  On a
two-processor machine that worked fairly well as the problem didn't occur
enough to have both processors running looping apache's.

When I saw the problem it was a webmail system running IMP.  Something related
to PHP 4.x was causing the problem.  I never bothered tracking that down as I
had too many other problems to deal with.