decent webmail software - does it exist?

Hi!

As it is said on site of Mutt: "all mail clients suck. this one just
sucks less."  Now I can add to this statement that all webmail
programs suck, and unfortunately I can't find the one that sucks less.
:)

I am russian-speaking person, and thus main requirement for webmail
software is complete and robust support of russian language - both in
interface and emails.

I tried SquirrelMail.  At first look it seems to be pretty good.  But
then I noticed that I can't properly reply to messages containing
russian text if message is encoded in any encoding other than utf-8.
Developers of SquirrelMail say that current version does not support
charset encoding in reply/forward.

Then I tried IMP.  It cannot properly display messages in utf-8
charset.

Then it was OpenWebMail.  It has problems with Subjects containing
russian text.

Does anybody has positive experience with any webmail software with
respect to i18n?

--
Timur Irmatov,
System administrator,