Re: exim or postfix

also sprach Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> [2004.11.10.0901 +0100]:
> > Anyway, if you are so confident about postfix, then maybe you
> > can teach me how to set up spamassassin to run under the local
> > user's identity,
>
> procmail, maildrop or whatever local delivery agent you use can
> run spamassassin.  that's part of an LDA's job.

I agree. But exim can do it. And even though this is the LDA part of
it, postfix also includes an LDA, which is just not up to speed.

> even on the simplest level, a .forward file which pipes to SA is
> executed under the UID of the user.

... not manageable...

> before you say "but i want the MTA to do it", that's just you
> thinking in terms of a monolithic MTA like exim.

I am challenging you. My postfix does not do said things, and I sure
well know why.

> > and how to route messages based on the sending address (for SPF
> > reasons).
>
> no idea, never needed to do it.  try the postfix-users archives.

I cheated. It's in there and marked 'impossible'. Exim can do it.

> if it's not straight-forward, i'll bet you could do it with
> a policy server.

A policy server has no decision on route destination.

Anyway, I can't believe I am arguing against the product that
I embrace the most.

`. `'`