Re: exim or postfix

also sprach Mark Ferlatte <ferlatte@cryptio.net> [2004.11.07.1013 +0100]:
> Don't know about most; I use Postfix.  I don't think exim is a bad choice,
> though; I just liked Postfix better, and it performs well enough to meet my
> needs.

Well said.

also sprach Brett Parker <iDunno@sommitrealweird.co.uk> [2004.11.07.1226 +0100]:
> exim4 and postfix, depending on the machine, and who origionally set it
> up. New machines are getting exim4 because it is far more flexible and
> powerful that postfix (in my experience).

Well, my last tests have shown postfix to be more performant by
about a factor of 1.6. In addition, there is the single setuid
binary thing about exim.

You are right that exim has a lot more features than postfix.
However, are they needed? To me, exim tries to be more than an MTA,
which is why I surely prefer postfix.

I can't wait until I have time to try/use/improve Md's policy
framework.

`. `'`