Re: apt-cacher transition from apache to apache2

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:34:11AM +0200, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> [sent this to debian-user, got no suggestions - I hope this is not too
> OT on this list]
>
> On a sarge system, I was using apt-cacher with apache. No problems
> there. Once I replaced apache with apache2, apt-cacher works but no
> longer accepts any configuration changes. I.e.
> changing /etc/apt-cacher/apt-cacher.conf and then reloading/restarting
> apache2 does not honor the changes.

Hm. I haven't seen this; however, I *am* having problems with apt-cacher
on a sarge system since I changed to apache2, too. Then again, I didn't
do any apt-cacher configuration changes since I installed apache2...

In my case, the problem is about incomplete Packages/Sources downloads.

> I think it has something to do with the /etc/apt-cacher/apache.conf
> snippet which I need to install somewhere, but I have no idea where.
>
> I checked what bug #250599 says about apache2, and my link does exist:
>
> helios:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled# ls -l cgi.load
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 36 Oct 21 14:52 cgi.load
> -> /etc/apache2/mods-available/cgi.load
> helios:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled#
>
> Could anyone suggest a fix?

Well, no. Unfortunately.