postfix sasl auth problem

Hello,

I have have postfix-tls installed and libsasl2 and I have problems making the SMTP AUTH work. The weird thing is that I can do smtp auth (I mean, postfix says Authentication successful, but it won't let me relay any messages thru it, altough I specified in the config file smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated among other restrictions (the sasl part being the first)

telnet session on the respective machine:

telnet machine.domain.tld 25

Escape character is '^]'.
220 machine.domain.rld ESMTP mail exchanger
ehlo somename
250-machine.domain.tld
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-ETRN
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250 8BITMIME
AUTH PLAIN dXNlckBkb21haW4udGxkAHVzZXJAZG9tYWluLnRsZABwYXNzd29yZA==
235 Authentication successful
mail from: x@y.com
250 Ok
rcpt to: z@q.com
554 <z@q.ro>: Relay access denied;
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.

in /etc/postfix/main.cf i have the following settings:

smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks, reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, reject_unauth_destination

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl2_auth_enable = yes

postfix version is 2.1.5-1
libsasl2 version is 2.1.19-1.5