Re: exim or postfix

also sprach Brett Parker <iDunno@sommitrealweird.co.uk> [2004.11.07.1440 +0100]:
> Then, I've always prefered exim, I like having control at my
> finger tips, and things to do what I expect :)

Ha! Flamebait! Consider yourself whacked. I won't even respond to
this. :)

/me embraces /etc/postfix/main.cf

> Just out of interest, were your tests exim3 or exim4 vs postfix.

exim3; sorry, I should have mentioned that.

> FWICT there's been a lot of work gone in to exim4, and it does
> seem to be faster than exim3, I haven't done a straight speed
> comparison between postfix and exim4, though.

I have not either for exim4. I would be interested though. I am very
happy with postfix, but I do at times eye over to the router config
of exim. You are right, I cannot get rid of procmail at the moment,
which is definitely a pain. However, I've been using postfix for
like 7 years now and I really don't want to start to learn to swim
again in icy waters.

`. `'`