Re: ACL inheritance, group supervisors, rwX access

* martin f krafft schrieb am 26.10.04 um 23:04 Uhr:
> also sprach Marc Schiffbauer <marc@schiffbauer.net> [2004.10.26.2233 +0200]:
> > Uups. Mea culpa. But I think this will not make it better in your
> > case. If someone creates a file he can do whatever he wants with
> > that file including removing your supervisor from the files ACL.
>
> The merit is arguable, but I think it would be a good feature to be
> able to prevent a user from changing ACLs/permission bits on files.
> Like a capability I could drop with PAM on login...

That would indeed be a nice feature. How can I drop users CAPs on
login?

> > > Ha! And I'll use CIFS instead of NTFS in a Linux-only cluster. Yeah
> > > right.
> >
> > sorry for trying to help...
>
> I appreciate it. My comment was, of course, in no way personal.

maybe I misunderstood you... forget about it ;-)

-marc
--
BUGS My programs  never  have  bugs.  They  just  develop  random
     features.  If you discover such a feature and you want it to
     be removed: please send an email to bug at links2linux.de