RE: Mail Delivery (failure jcooper@planetz.com)

> John C has requested that
> the following message be removed from the archives.

My apologies that my autoresponder spammed the list.  I've never posted to
the debian-isp list.  Apparently someone's machine is infected with an
email-worm, which has used my jcooper address (which I stopped using several
years ago) as the return address.

I started using an autoresponder after experimenting with spam-net,
spamassassin, and qurb for well over a year.  When you receive hundreds of
spam per day, 9x% isn't good enough.    Since I started using a responder, I
have received virtually zero spam, aside from those individuals like
nigerian scammers, who make an effort to respond by hand.   Yes, there are
frustrating misfires, caused by worms, but in the last year, this is the
only major incident.  Ward, thanks for the link to dspam.sf.net, I'll see if
I can get my ISP to use it.

> Requests to have list archives altered to hide the evidence of
> your mis-deeds doesn't work either.

Clearly I've touched a nerve with Mr. Coker!  The virtiolic nature of his
response here, and the public posting of my private email address which I
was trying to protect, is simply inane and immature.    Next time, Mr.
Coker, consider a private email, before publically hanging someone.

Yes, I have asked the list manager to at least remove my personal johnc
address from the archive, which was so needlessly cc'd there.   (Notice I'm
replying from my "list@planetz" address which I use for public postings).
Secondarily, if the list managers so desire, they can remove this whole
thread, which is totally off topic for this list in the first place.

-John