Re: New Debian net install on a SATA server?

Nobody is going to be able to help you without more information.

Linux is hardware specific. Everything depends on the hardware you choose.

I always attempt to choose hardware that works, so I don't have surprises.

According to the link you provided, the Ethernet is an integrated gigabit controller.

The Serial ATA controller is not listed.

Sounds like you like surprises. :)

On 19/08/04 21:08 -0500, Penbrock wrote:
> I can sure use someones help. Being newer to Linux when the boss got a new
> server I was sure I would have no problems installing Debian from a new
> sarge-i386 net install image. Well here is the problem, the server uses 2 80
> gig S-ATA drives and even the net image that states it can use S-ATA does
> not see the drive(s) at all. Can anyone help me at all on getting Debian
> installed. I need that to be an FTP and web server with raided drives if
> that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Ken
>

> Hardware:
> Systemax RAID tower from Tigerdirect
>
> (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=
> 987498&Sku=SYXS-ST-532096)
> Micro-star International motherboard 865PE Neo2_fIS2R
>     ( http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=865PE_Neo2-FIS2R )
> Intel Pen4HT 2.8Ghz Processor
> two 521MB PC3200 RAM
> Two 80 GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drives
> ATI Radeon 7000 AGP video card (Nop desktop will be installed)

Ted Knab
Chester, Maryland  21619 USA
[In War] Conquest is easy. Control is not.
                -- Kirk, "Mirror, Mirror", stardate unknown