Re: UML troubles

Hmmm, I also tested my uml intallations and made some similar expierience.

If I use my 2.6.6 host kernel with skas3 patch I have no problems with booting
and running my uml guest sessions. But without the skas3 patch I have
sometimes (not always) exactly the same error. Sometime after a "killall -s 9
linux" and a restart it worked nicely and sometimes after a reboot it worked
again.

I have no clue whats the problem here. But because it is always at the point
where the clock should be set to the hardware clock I guess it has something
to do with this.

Hmmm... and because I didn't said it in my last mail:
after the installation of the uml package, you have to copy the modules to
your rootfs of the uml-guests and after that you have to run "depmod -a"
after the first reboot of your uml session, because otherwise you cannot use
the modules... Normaly the modules.dep should written correctly by the
package, but something goes wrong there since my upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6
kernels...

Give me hint if you find out something interessting about this problem. I
would like to have a stable package and not something that sometimes (I guess
only without skas patch) crashes at boot time.

--Ralph