Re: IpSec with Debian "woody" and kernel 2.6.6

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:36:25 +0200, Jarle wrote in message
<[🔎] 1091453784.31466.69.camel@skywalker>:

> Hi,
>
> I needed to use kernel 2.6.* on a new firewall machine (to handle the
> hardware). I've used FreeS/WAN for IPSec over the past years, but it
> seems like I have to use the new Linux kernel support for IPSec on
> this machine. It will use VPN to other Linux based firewalls, and some
> Cisco routers.
>
> What packages do I need in order to get ipsec up and running on kernel
> 2.6.6, and where can I get them? (I found no match on "ipsec" on
> backports.org). Also - where do I find documentation for the new
> kernel based IPSec?
>
> Jarle

..first cat /etc/apt/sources.list |grep ^deb
# your site is different, I run off my own mirrors.
deb http://192.168.2.222/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://192.168.2.222/debian-backports/debian stable all
# "all" for _everything_ in backports.
deb http://192.168.2.222/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US  main \
non-free contrib
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
root@box:~ #

..then apt-get update ;apt-cache search ipsec
kernel-patch-usagi - Another IPv6 implementation for Linux
shorewall-doc - Shoreline Firewall (Shorewall) Documentation
freeswan - IPSEC utilities for FreeSWan
freeswan-modules-source - IPSEC kernel modules source for FreeSWan
kernel-patch-freeswan - IPSEC kernel support for FreeSWan
shorewall - Shoreline Firewall (Shorewall)

..this is also relevant to backport'ers, so I cc.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: