Re: nat ipchains on debian woody

Enrique,

I´m novice on debian, i have decided recently to change from redhat or
mandrake (fatal experiencie in two years), so excuse my ignorance.

First i dont know how to do this step "The first thinng you must do is to
install a kernel with IPTABLES support"
How can I do it ? How can i test if it is on my server?

Second, I  have see this on my server

morpheo:~# apt-get install iptables
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, iptables is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
morpheo:~#

It seems to be iptables installed but the previos errors said that iptables
where not avaliable.

Thanks in advance, and for your spanish response, I have a poor english too,

Francisco.