Re: nat ipchains on debian woody

Hi Mark,

I have test your script but my woody give me this response:

morpheo:~# cat compartir2
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/rp_filter
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/rp_filter

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -i eth1 -o eth0 -j
MASQUERADE

morpheo:~# ./compartir2
modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables
iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table `nat': iptables who? (do
you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
morpheo:~#

What can i do to solve this new issue?

My fisrt script which use ipchains was this:

morpheo:~# cat compartir

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/16

Thanks in advance,