Re: Cyrus / Sieve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fraser Campbell" <fraser@georgetown.wehave.net>
To: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: Cyrus / Sieve

> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 12:19, Christian Storch wrote:
>
> What do you feel are the major advantages of cyrus over other systems, is it
> just SIEVE support?

I've compared it with some other implementations about 12 month ago - so possible not up to date:
Cyrus was the only one I found with
- authentication not only by passwd
- sieve support
- distributable on multiple servers (murder)
Additionally it's possible to distribute the mail store on multiple partitions by
alphabetic organisation of cyrus user root directories.

And to some threads about complications with configuring sendmail + ... :
Cyrus needs only two additional lines in sendmail.mc!