Re: SEARCH attack

Well technically the bot would be the one making the request, your
just telling it to make it; no connection would in fact be made
between your server and the one you are redirecting it to.

The issue is simple in legal terms; your telling them what to do in
response to there actions, now do they have the legal right to try to
exploit your server? Not usually, so I personally believe that under
the law your server would only be guilty of trying to defend itself
from a unprovoked attack, but then again I am a computer nerd not a
lawyer so I?m not a expert on the law.

Interesting thought, however, as the idea that a computer can defend
itself leads to all sorts of interesting ideas no doubt full of
blasphemy, libel and slander against more then a few core human
conceptions.. but alas that is a different topic, and not meant for
this thread.

 -D