Re: Adjusting MTU

maybe not the best way, but I have in my /etc/network/interfaces file
It puts it all in a place that is easy to find and use

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet static
        address 192.168.1.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.2.255
        up route add -net 192.168.100.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw
192.168.1.254
        up ifconfig eth3 mtu 500

It may be better to do a pre-up though so it gets done before the
interface is brought up

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet static
        address 192.168.1.1