Adjusting MTU

Greetings...

I'm trying to find the "Debian Way" to adjust the MTU on an interface... basically, we have a box behind a firewall which is blocking the ICMP Can't Fragment packets, and we're sending fairly large data packets through, and, well, the obvious problem occurs. They can put a little firewall on the LAN which has an MTU adjustment (and sends the packets back), which fixes the problem nicely, but that's kinda a hack.

I checked "man interfaces", but didn't see anything too obvious...

I'm running Woody on this box.

Thanks!  -rt

--
Ryan S. Tucker