Re: SSH More Than Port Forwarding

Andrew Miehs wrote:

You could try with PPP over SSH...

But this will probably have pretty high latency times.

Depends on the service you are trying to route... Is this for fun? or is this for commercial purposes... The idea of 'outside' traffic inside my development lan, doesn't sound like such a good idea to me...

Its sounds like you should set up additional customer servers.

I would like to be able to offer customers a choice even if it has hi latency, I have a few customers that could only be able to get a static ip over Satellite. I took a look at the "VPN PPP-SSH Mini-HOWTO" at http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ppp-ssh/index.html after reading your email, section 2.2 Drawbacks is very discouraging. But this still about, what I'm looking for so I'll give it a shot and see how it works.

Andrew