Re: mod_php vs fastcgi/php speed

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
Dnia Friday 19 of March 2004 06:42, Joris napisał:

So far a google search has yielded nothing but unbacked statements (I'll
clean up the language a bit): "mod_php is a lot fast er than php-cgi",
and "fastcgi/php is a lot faster than mod_php". Not very usefull.

For me it was 0.7 req/s on one machine with mod_suphp (almost the same thing as php-cgi) and 70 req/s with php-fastcgi version.

Interesting and promising. Of course I wonder how fast plain mod_php (or with a php accelerator on top of it) would be.

The interesting thing is that no one works on fixing perchild MPM in apache2 that would allow to use standard mod_php in secure way :/

Is that the mode where the clients run with a different uid for each virtual host?

It would be great if someone get paid to fix that once for all.

Maybe someone should setup a donations box and put a price on the perchild MPM feature.

--
  Greetings
   Joris