Re: mod_php vs fastcgi/php speed

Dnia Friday 19 of March 2004 06:42, Joris napisał:
> So far a google search has yielded nothing but unbacked statements (I'll
> clean up the language a bit): "mod_php is a lot fast er than php-cgi",
> and "fastcgi/php is a lot faster than mod_php". Not very usefull.
For me it was 0.7 req/s on one machine with mod_suphp (almost the same thing
as php-cgi) and 70 req/s with php-fastcgi version.

The interesting thing is that no one works on fixing perchild MPM in apache2
that would allow to use standard mod_php in secure way :/

It would be great if someone get paid to fix that once for all.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz     CS at FoE, Wroclaw University of Technology
arekm.pld-linux.org, 1024/3DB19BBD, JID: arekm.jabber.org, PLD/Linux