mod_php vs fastcgi/php speed

Hi,

I'm looking for some in-depth information on the speed difference between mod_php and using php-cgi with fastcgi.

So far a google search has yielded nothing but unbacked statements (I'll clean up the language a bit): "mod_php is a lot fast er than php-cgi", and "fastcgi/php is a lot faster than mod_php". Not very usefull.

Anyone care to shed some light/benchmarks here?

Also, experiences migrating from mod_php to (fast)cgi/php would be welcome :)

--
  Greetings
   Joris