Re: What is the best mailling list manager for qmail and Domain Tech. Control ?

Michael, et al --

...and then Michael Loftis said...
%
% I'd highly recommend mailman over majordomo.....I'm also disinclined to
% recommend qmail for a number of reasons.  First is, unless they've made

Real reasons, or just because you personally prefer something else?

% design changes, it's trivial to DoS.  Second, it doesn't scale so well, but
% unless you're talking upwards of about 3-5k/msgs/hr you might not run into

I haven't handled any DoS problems personally, so I can't speak to that
(but find it terribly doubtful), but surely you must be trolling with
your other arguments.  Doesn't scale well?  Heavens; it's simple and
clean and scales quite nicely, and is very fast.  I set up a system
recently which handles mail for some 100k users (small, I know) and
happily churns out 30k individual messages/hr when sending announcements.
There are other large sites handling much more mail, day in and day out,
who use qmail, too; surf over to

  http://qmail.org/

and have a read.

But this probably wasn't supposed to turn into an MTA religious war;
there is enough potential for that just in the list manager discussion.

% it.  Postfix has been my general purpose MTA of choice for a good while
% now, scales well, robust handling of messages, and can do anything you want
% it to.

Yes, Postfix is another good choice.  Really, anything except Sendmail is
an acceptable choice :-)

HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.