Re: Apache/MySQL question

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 12:30, Francis Tyers wrote:
> hmm, you might want to look into mysql replication, i just googled and
> got:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Replication.html
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/managing-mysql-replication.html

> if you are on a lower budget, perhaps look at rsync ...
>
> http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

We have this setup running here on a production server with 500+ web
hosts, fs replicated using rsync (homebrown replication scripts in
python, can be done in bash or just anything) and MySQL replication as
described in the  documentation (also managed through scripts).

We check the replication using Netsaint and both systems are an exact
copy, at worst of 5 minutes ago. We stopped at the point of implementing
some sort of STONITH, so no ip/service takeover yet.. considered how
MySQL replication is crippled and unreliable (IMHO), this should not be
done automagically anyway (or you have to provide really extensive
workarounds and integrity checking).

--
Jan Kokoska
Linux Administrator