Re: replacing sanitizer w/ amavisd-new

Might I suggest MailScanner? For me it's been MUCH more reliable and flexible. In fact I'm gearing up to replace amavisd-new with MailScanner at work. We've run into some bugs with the latest version (4.24 specifically), but the verison I'm using on FreeBSD 4.22.5 is solid, and the version in debian stable 3.13.2 should also be very solid.

It works with a slew of AV scanners,a nd integrating with one it doesn't support natively is simple as editing a few files. The thing has about 1000 some odd settings though so it can be daunting to set up.