semi-remote net

I posted some weeks ago a question on "satellite network" ... i have not
yet tested but i will do in next days,
Now I have more information on the services required: not only a
"satellite"network, but the expansion plans for our department calla also
for a lab in an old building.
This building, althought still in the campus is about 600 m far from the
next nearest network-wired building. In this bulding will be put three
workstations. In this case the problem is not to have them in the same
network that of the other ones, being on a different subnet is not a
problem, but rather the fact that in that building there are no
teleccommunication connections. Getting an optical cable in not an
option since within three years that building could be abandoned.
I thought about two options: one is a laser connection (but the area is
subject to fog) and the other using two wi-fi 2.4 GHz NIC, coupled to
two dish antennas . Anyone here has experiences and suggestions on
this setup ?
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile