Re: gFTP problems?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Blu wrote:

> Looks like the port 20 (ftp-data) is blocked somewhere.

> Take a look at your firewall settings in case it is you who is blocking
> port 20, if not, it is your ISP.

This is the information I wanted -- thanks for confirming my suspicions.
(I'd actually checked my own firewall settings, and port 20 is open for ftp; I
tried opening up another port to see if the remote would find it, but it
didn't.  So I was at a bit of a loss as to which of us had a problem.)

Guess I now have to persuade the ISP to tell me which port they have open for
ftp traffic -- presumably they've closed down port 20 to discourage the
black-hats.

Cheers,
msw@startext.demon.co.uk                      http://startext.demon.co.uk/
GPG pub key : 8D6B948B  ECC6 D98E 4CC8 60E3 7E32  D594 BB27 3368 8D6B 948B