Re: Selecting source ip

hi,

you could use iptables with SNAT to change your source ip.
in combination with the owner match module you could eg match packets
generated by specific pid or uid.

OWNER match v1.2.7a options:
[!] --uid-owner userid     Match local uid
[!] --gid-owner groupid    Match local gid
[!] --pid-owner processid  Match local pid
[!] --sid-owner sessionid  Match local sid
[!] --cmd-owner name       Match local command name

should work for a ping:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m owner --cmd-owner ping -j SNAT
--to-source a.b.c.d

buz