Re: Mail architecture for up 30.000 accounts

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:33:14AM +0200, Carlos L.M. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I need a sample of mail architecture for up 30.000
> accounts. Can you help me ??
>
>  For software, I would use this:
>
>   SMTP: Postfix

Postfix works fine. Sendmail or qmail would do the trick as well. Depends
on your personal preference.

>   IMAP: Courier
>   POP3: Courier

Agreed.

>   Authtentication and user preferences: MySQL

You should check if both your MTA, IMAP/POP3, and delivery agent (procmail
for instance) will support MySQL authentication.

>   Webmail: IMP

Don't use IMP for a large userbase. IMP is slow and bloated. The interface
is really slick, but it's a real CPU/MEM hog.

I'd go for squirrelmail if I were you.

>   Anti-spam: spamassassin

Agreed.

>   Anti-virus: F-Prot

I'm not into Anti-Virus, so I can't help you there.

Cheers,

Bart

--
Bart Matthaei                 bart@dreamflow.nl