Re: daily apache-ssl reload is causing probs (FIXED)

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:09:49AM -0700 or thereabouts, Wade Richards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 20 May 2003 11:12:00 MDT, David Wilk writes:
> >Ok, never mind.  Everything below is correct except for the solution.
> >no matter how I get that SIGUSR1 sent to apache-ssl, it still fails the
> >reload randomly - from the command line or from logrotate...
>
> I haven't been carefully following this thread, so I may be answering
> the wrong question.  If so, sorry to waste your time.
>
> When you do a graceful restart, apache will spend a few minutes writing
> to the old log files before it does the reload.

yeah, good point.  you almost had me going there.  I was going to blame
logrotate for not timing the logrotation with the reload properly, but
this 'failure' on the part of apache-ssl occurs with or without log
rotation, from cron or from the command line.  It appears to be
apache-ssl and apache-ssl all alone.

thanks for the idea, tho.

--
David Wilk