Re: Ldap basic authentication

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 12:40:18PM +0200, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> Hi!
> 	I'm configuring a Ldap server in one of my machines. In the client i
> can see the user perfectly but anytime i try to access like an user i
> always get:
>
> su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
> Sorry.
>
> Any idea?¿
>
> If anybody wants, i can send the configuration files personally.

Not a direct answer but some tips from when I moved to LDAP.

Don't believe what applications are telling you, just watch the
logfile if you can put an application in debug-mode. Postgresql is
such example.

Change the loglevel in slapd.conf to a decent level like 256 so you
can see what is being asked. Also check your pam_ldap.conf.

--
Hans